Pages

Reading is Fun Friday



A few months ago I realized I hadn't been reading as much as I should. I spend so  much time writing and  working that I let that side of this business fall short. I truly missed it and felt like a part of me was missing.

It was then that I knew that I had to join a book club that catered to the books that I like to read. Cozy Mystery....duh!!! By joining a book club, I'd be more accountable to read and force myself to make time for me, which is hard for me sometimes.

I looked around and didn't find anything to fit my needs so I decided to do my own thing. I've got a lot of friends on Facebook and I knew they loved reading cozy mysteries...so I started a Cozy Mystery only book club.

We suggest and vote on ONE book per month. If we can, we invite the author to come join us. We also suggest and vote on a day and time of the month that's good to meet online to discuss the book.

It's been so much fun. I had no idea how much interaction an online book club would go since I was a little worried it would go well at first. But....I'm thrilled that I've found some fun peeps to share books with!

What about you, do you belong to a book club? Do you love it as much as I do?

2 comments:

  1. I seem to be the only person I know that reads cozies, none of my friends or family. I looked for a book club too, and none around here. Thank goodness for the internet, I am finally able to discuss cozies with someone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! When I first started writing, everyone asked if I was writing a romance or just assumed. Then I'd have to explain what a cozy was. Luckily, I've introduced a few friends and family to the genre. xoxo

      Delete

ANSWERING A READER QUESTION

AMAZON COZY MYSTERY BOOK CLUB: https://amzn.to/35jiXar GOODREADS COZY MYSTERY AMAZON BOOK CLUB DISCUSSION: https://www.goodreads.com/topic...