Pages

Caught me by surprise!

There is something I discovered about myself and it actually took me by surprise. 
Over the last eight years I've had two offices. The first one was in our old house and it was a living room that we never used. My Eddy had converted it to an office and even had custom built shelves put in along with a chalkboard and a very cool barn door. 
It was beautiful. Only one problem...I never used it! I kept my stuff in there but I ended up writing my novels while sitting in an overstuffed chair or in the corner of my comfy couch. 
Four years ago we moved to a new house. There was a great office on the first floor as soon as you walked into the house. I painted it, bought a new desk, a new chair, rug, curtains, and hung up my accomplishments. It was a cool office. One problem. . .I never used it. 
I  ended up doing a Feng shui of my home and added all that I needed to add to make the office more creative for me. I repainted, re-arranged, redecorated and all was beautiful. One problem. . .I never used it. I ended up curling back up on the comfy couch or siting in a chair in a small room that sits off of the kitchen. There is a black square cube where I sit my coffee. The top of the cube comes off and my Eddy joked about the cube being my office because I stuffed it full with all the things I needed while I was writing that novel. 
One day a couple of months ago Eddy suggested we move the basement laundry room up to the first floor where the office that I never use was located. There were a few other things that needed to be re-arranged for a big remodel we will be doing in a few years so the first half of the office was going to just sit empty while the other half became a nice new laundry room. 
During the remodel, I kFullSizeRenderept my desk in the first half in front of the window, which when it was my real office the desk sat in the corner of the back of the room. I would sit at the desk and talk to Eddy while he worked on the laundry room. I began to gaze out of the window at my water fountain and the flower bed. I started to get a feeling, an urge that I needed to write, right then!
It was as if my creative juices started to flow. The small half of the room was cozy, almost hugging me. Then it occurred to me. Everyday for the past eight years I had an office but I chose to write in a snug place like a small couch, a comfy chair or even in the back seat of my van. I was a little surprised. 
Over the past couple of weeks, the remodel has been completed. My laundry room turned out amazing and the small half  of the old office has been transformed into a small office until the big remodel in a couple of years and I've gotten so much writing done in there on the super humid days when it's just been too hot to go outside. 
I even get to look out at my fountain and watch the birds wash themselves. 
Is there a special place you love to hang out in your house?
Thank you to my Kappes Krew team for making awesome blog post suggestions. Cecelia Kelsey is the wonderful Krew member who suggested I blog on my summer produce. Thanks Cecelia!!
Be sure to check out Tonyakappes.com for upcoming novels and preorder links!
A CHARMING VOODOO               BETTING OFF DEAD             
RELEASE DATE:9/26                    RELEASE DATE: 8/29                
A Charming Voodoo EbookBetting Off Dead EbookGhostlyReunion




 RELEASE DATE: 12/27

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANSWERING A READER QUESTION

AMAZON COZY MYSTERY BOOK CLUB: https://amzn.to/35jiXar GOODREADS COZY MYSTERY AMAZON BOOK CLUB DISCUSSION: https://www.goodreads.com/topic...