Pages

Let Them Walk!!!


Well....I have yet to reveal my true 2015 New Year's Resolutions. Everyone keeps messaging me on Twiiter, and Facebook or asking on Instagram what my New Year's resolution is because I keep asking them.

I'm not sure if I keep asking them because I'm holding out hope that I won't have to make mine and skirting the my issue, but here it is. . .LET THEM WALK and be joyful everyday for the good in my life.

In the past couple of weeks, I have seen so many Pinterest pins and status claims on various social media outlets that say in one form or another: 




In fact, I stopped pinning these pins and deleted them from my Pinterest account because in truth, these pins are only reminders of the person you are talking about. Lets face it, if you didn't feel like someone was holding you back or did you wrong, you wouldn't pin these types of pins. 
I'm not going to lie. I have had a friendship or two that I considered true friends that have come and gone over the past couple of years. I did try to keep the friendship but in the end it just didn't work out. Sometimes we are fighting battles we had no idea we were fighting. 



Can I get an AMEN?

What does this have to do with my New Year's resolution?

I'm learning to be JOYFULLY happy! Don't get me wrong. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my life. I love my family (fur babies included). I love my career. I love my readers. I love my friends. But I have really forgotten to look at my life and truly be present and thankful for the moment, the day, or even the next breath. 

This year. . .drum roll please. . . .drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....



I have committed to do a Happiness Jar! Every night before I go to bed I recall ONE thing that made me really happy that day and I write it down, fold it, and put it in my Happiness Jar. So when "doubting Tom" creeps into my soul, I will put my hand in my Happiness Jar and pull out a slip of paper and read what feed my happiness on any particular day. This is my simple New Year's resolution that will help feed my soul and keep me creative on what is going to be an AMAZING year! Thank you for joining me. xo



How have your New Year's resolutions been coming along? 
Leave a comment and one lucky winner will win a Kappes Tote and A Ghostly Undertaking and A Ghostly Grave book jacket!



7 comments:

  1. No resolutions except read more books! Doing well there thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two things that I WILL do this year: (1) thin out the "stuff" in the humble abode and (2) remember that I am a lucky lucky girl and there are people in the world who just aren't that fortunate and have real problems. The first item will have to wait until I'm out of this walking boot and back on two feet. That will only be a few more weeks. The second item is something that I'm working on every day as I think it every day when I have to put on this walking boot or pick up the crutches or roll around on that knee scooter. But it's gonna be fine. Pawsitive thinking is the only way to do this. Happy New Year to everyone -- it's gonna be a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My resolution was to read more books and leave more reviews. It is coming along. So far I have left reviews on all books I have read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! That is a great resolution! Have a 2015 full of happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great resolution,Tonya! I love the happiness jar too. Great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMEN!!! I subscribe to the thoughts of being happy and healthy. Also my motto is "If someone is not going to be Happy; I would rather it not be me!". So, I base lots of decisions on that thought. I'm getting older, I need to be less stressed and more at peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No resolutions for me. I stress if I cannot keep them. Instead I try to live a clean life and to do a RAC whenever possible. Love your jar idea. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

ANSWERING A READER QUESTION

AMAZON COZY MYSTERY BOOK CLUB: https://amzn.to/35jiXar GOODREADS COZY MYSTERY AMAZON BOOK CLUB DISCUSSION: https://www.goodreads.com/topic...